OnMusic Appreciation 3rd Edition (BlackBoard)
Correcting Audio for Assignments 1 & 3
Steps to Correct Audio for Assignments 1 & 3
- Right-click each link below and select “Save Link As or Save As” to save the file. We recommend you save the files to your desktop.
- Open assignment_1.txt using Notepad (Windows users) or Firefox (Mac users).
- Select all of the html code text and copy the text.
- Log into your Blackboard course and turn the Edit Mode to ON. Edit Mode is at the top right of your screen.
- Click Class Documents.
- Click “Section 1: Basic Musical Concepts”, “Class 1: Unity and Variety; The Performer’s Role”, and “Assignment #1: Identify Music Ideas” folder.
- Next to the assignment title click the downward arrow and select Edit. Make sure you don’t edit the Content Folder title. See sample image below.
- Scroll down to the Instructions area. Delete all of the text in the instructions box.
- Click the “HTML Code View” icon to allow you toggle into the HTML view. See sample images below.
- Then paste your copied text from Notepad (Windows users) or Firefox (Mac users) to the Blackboard assignment instructions textbox.
- Click Submit.
- After you update the assignment please test the written assignment audio link. You may need to exit your web browser and then log back into the course.Note: Internet Explorer and Chrome browser users may get a prompt regarding “unsecure content”. If prompted with a warning, please have them click “yes” to allow the content to load.
- For Assignment #3, please repeat steps 2-12. Assignment #3 can be found at “Class Documents”, “Class 3: Types of Listeners”.