>>At C4E, we are innovating the psychology textbook, while keeping the technology out of your way & easy-to-use. With a price tag your students will appreciate. Review today for adoption tomorrow!
Psychology: An Introduction is a dynamic online psychology textbook and integrated learning platform. This title presents a comprehensive introduction to the discipline. Our turn-key solution features a comprehensive set of integrated learning tools, including ready-made, auto-graded quizzes and exams, history of psychology interactive timeline, flash cards, key words & concepts assessments, discussion forums, and a unique tool for collaborative discussion. We have also produced movies that present basic concepts in an engaging and easy-to-understand manner, created dozens of animations, optimized all images, and much more.
Digital courseware & textbook solutions are only valuable when they fit in with, and complement existing teaching and learning workflows. Technology should be effortless. Connect For Education’s psychology textbook online is integrated, easy-to-use and expertly supported.
About the authors
Rose M. Spielman, PhD
Dr. Rose Spielman has been teaching psychology and working as a licensed clinical psychologist for 20 years. Her academic career has included positions at Quinnipiac University, Housatonic Community College, and Goodwin College. As a licensed clinical psychologist, educator, and volunteer director, Rose is able to connect with people from diverse backgrounds and facilitate treatment, advocacy, and education. In her years of work as a teacher, therapist, and administrator, she has helped thousands of students and clients and taught them to advocate for themselves and move their lives forward to become more productive citizens and family members.
Kathryn Dumper, Bainbridge State College
William Jenkins, Mercer University
Arlene Lacombe, Saint Joseph’s University
Marilyn Lovett, Livingstone College
Marion Perlmutter, University of Michigan
Psychology: An Introduction
Introduction to Psychology [Chapter 1]
- What is Psychology?
- History of Psychology
- Careers in Psychology
Psychological Research [Chapter 2]
- Why Is Research Important?
- Approaches to Research
- Analyzing Findings
Biopsychology [Chapter 3]
- Human Genetics
- Cells of the Nervous System
- Parts of the Nervous System
- The Brain and Spinal Cord
- The Endocrine System
States of Consciousness [Chapter 4]
- What Is Consciousness?
- Sleep and Why We Sleep
- Stages of Sleep
- Sleep Problems and Disorders
- Other States of Consciousness
Sensation and Perception [Chapter 5]
- Sensation versus Perception
- 4.03 Strategies for Revision
- Waves and Wavelengths
- The Other Senses
- Gestalt Principles of Perception
Learning [Chapter 6]
- What Is Learning?
- Classical Conditioning
- Operant Conditioning
- Observational Learning (Modeling)
Thinking and Intelligence [Chapter 7]
- What Is Cognition?
- Problem Solving
- What Are Intelligence and Creativity?
- Measures of Intelligence
- The Source of Intelligence
Memory [Chapter 8]
- How Memory Functions
- Parts of the Brain Involved with Memory
- Problems with Memory
- Ways to Enhance Memory
Lifespan Development [Chapter 9]
- What Is Lifespan Development?
- Lifespan Theories
- Stages of Development
- Death and Dying
Emotion and Motivation [Chapter 10]
- Hunger and Eating
- Sexual Behavior
Personality [Chapter 11]
- What Is Personality?
- Freud and the Psychodynamic Perspective?
- Neo-Freudians: Adler, Erikson, Jung, and Horney
- Learning Approaches
- Humanistic Approaches
- Biological Approaches
- Trait Theorists
- Cultural Understandings of Personality
- Personality Assessment
Social Psychology [Chapter 12]
- What Is Social Psychology?
- Attitudes and Persuasion
- Conformity, Compliance, and Obedience
- Prejudice and Discrimination
- Prosocial Behavior
Industrial-Organizational Psychology [Chapter 13]
- What Is Industrial and Organizational Psychology?
- Industrial Psychology: Selecting and Evaluating Employees
- Organizational Psychology: The Social Dimension of Work
- Human Factors Psychology and Workplace Design
Stress, Lifestyle, and Health [Chapter 14]
- What Is Stress?
- Stress and Illness
- Regulation of Stress
- The Pursuit of Happiness
Psychological Disorders [Chapter 15]
- What Are Psychological Disorders?
- Diagnosing and Classifying Psychological Disorders
- Perspectives on Psychological Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders
- Obsessive-Compulsive and Related Disorders
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Dissociative Disorders
- Personality Disorders
- Disorders in Childhood
Therapy and Treatment [Chapter 16]
- Mental Health Treatment: Past and Present
- Types of Treatment
- Treatment Modalities
- Substance-Related and Addictive Disorders: A Special Case
- The Sociocultural Model and Therapy Utilization
Contents & Features
Psychology: An Introduction Table of Contents
PDF version to download
- Easy for you to use!
- Academically rigorous, yet accessible and designed for the web, we deliver a complete psychology textbook for your online, hybrid, or face-to-face course.
- With C4E, your course is fully configured to your specifications. Our highly accessible, expert support team is there for you and your students every step of the way.
- Result: seamless and efficient teaching experience for you, and a richer learning experience for your students.
- Provides a complete, interactive introductory psychology textbook for your online, face-to-face, or hybrid course
- Delivers an easy to use, turn-key solution – we do all the hosting, setup, and support
- Emphasizes psychology in practice
- Video Vignettes – explore core concepts through engaging videos
- history of psychology interactive timeline
- 15 auto-graded quizzes, plus a mid-term and a final. All built in and ready to go. no setup required
- A comprehensive Instructor’s Guide
- Additional assignments built in. Pick the ones you like, or add your own.
- Ready to use discussion topics. Use the ones created by the authors, or add your own
adopt our psychology textbook for your online, hybrid or face-to-face course
- Price: $59.00
- Bookstore Price: $52.50
Getting started is easy! Our psychology textbook and integrated learning platform is adopted like a regular textbook. Just complete the course setup form, and we will set up everything for you and your students.
To request more information, or for assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (703) 880-1180 x300.